Here you are one of the best gluten-free vegan dish ever! Thanks to my roomie Avil who showed me how to prepare the “sauce”…
Preparation time: +/- 1h
Serves: 4-6 people
½ White cabbage
300gr. Brussels sprouts
½ cup to 1 cup bouillon (or water)
Olive oil, salt, herbs…
Pasta (80-100 gr. per person)
*EXTRA TIP: sun-dried tomatoes (I used the ones that come already in oil)
- Peel & cut the onions and start cooking in a pot with some olive oil.
- On the meantime, wash and cut the courgettes and add to onions.
- Leave for a couple of minutes while stirring and pour some bouillon (and water if it is concentrated.
- Let this cook until soft and then add half of the spinach.
- Add salt, pepper and spices to taste, blend and leave apart.
- Clean and cut the cabagge and the Brussels sprouts and cook in a pan with some oil.
- Add some more bouillon, spice* to your taste and let It cook covered at low temperature. *I used Italian mix to give it some taste, it was great!
- On the meantime, get your pasta ready! (if you are using any other kind of grain that takes longer to cook, consider starting there)
- Once the veggies are soft add the sauce and let it cook together for a little while.
- Cut some dried tomatoes (if desired, they are not in the picture, hehe) and as the pasta might be ready put everything together! That means veggies (and sauce already), pasta, dried tomatoes, almond powder and the rest of the spinach.
It also goes well with some whole rice and/or adzuki beans instead of pasta ;-)
You will not believe this, but it is incredibly creamy, vegan, gluten-free and yummy! :)
Big big hug and much love,
P.S. Tell me how do you like this recipe!