This almond bread is the “star” of my recipe blog in Spanish “Candirecetas“. It is a great alternative for a gluten-free version with tons of proteins and good fats!
Cooking time: +/-10′ preparation + 1h in the oven
Portions: 4-6 servings
difficulty: very easy
What do you need? a beater, oven platter, mixing bowls, oven
- 400gr. Almond flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon chia
- Salt & Herbs
- 3/4 glass water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Preheat the oven up to 180ºC
- Stir the chia together with the water in a big bowl and leave it for about 10min.
- Mix the almonds together with the selected herbs and salt.
- Get the oven platter ready, maybe with some oven paper or spreading some oil so that the dough doesn’t get stuck.
- Mix the lemon and the baking soda in a glass.
- Stir de chia and pour de rest of the liquid ingredients (lemon + baking soda & oil).
- Step by step add the almond flour to the liquid ingredients. It can happen that you get a thick porridge or a consistent dough you can shape (don’t worry every time I get something different!)
- Put it in the oven for about one hour and enjoy it!
- You can prepare it salty or sweet. You can give it a plain almond flavor or add other spices such us oregano or cinnamon!
- Raisins or dates can upgrade your sweet version ;-)