Here you are one of the best gluten-free vegan dish ever! Thanks to my roomie Avil who showed me how to prepare the “sauce”…
Preparation time: +/- 1h
Serves: 4-6 people
½ White cabbage
300gr. Brussels sprouts
½ cup to 1 cup bouillon (or water)
Olive oil, salt, herbs…
Pasta (80-100 gr. per person)
*EXTRA TIP: sun-dried tomatoes (I used the ones that come already in oil)
- Peel & cut the onions and start cooking in a pot with some olive oil.
- On the meantime, wash and cut the courgettes and add to onions.
- Leave for a couple of minutes while stirring and pour some bouillon (and water if it is concentrated.
- Let this cook until soft and then add half of the spinach.
- Add salt, pepper and spices to taste, blend and leave apart.
- Clean and cut the cabagge and the Brussels sprouts and cook in a pan with some oil.
- Add some more bouillon, spice* to your taste and let It cook covered at low temperature. *I used Italian mix to give it some taste, it was great!
- On the meantime, get your pasta ready! (if you are using any other kind of grain that takes longer to cook, consider starting there)
- Once the veggies are soft add the sauce and let it cook together for a little while.
- Cut some dried tomatoes (if desired, they are not in the picture, hehe) and as the pasta might be ready put everything together! That means veggies (and sauce already), pasta, dried tomatoes, almond powder and the rest of the spinach.
It also goes well with some whole rice and/or adzuki beans instead of pasta ;-)
You will not believe this, but it is incredibly creamy, vegan, gluten-free and yummy! :)
Big big hug and much love,
P.S. Tell me how do you like this recipe!
Yessssss! My new event is coming! If you live in Ghent (or nearby) and you dont want to miss a lot of fun, come to the workshop I will be hosting together with Marina (the one from the Magic ;-), see post here). For detail, check this out or join the conversation on FB! https://www.facebook.com/events/556474944429277/
|Christmas is coming, yeeayyyy!
Do you need inspiration?
Are you tired of eating the same stuff every year?
Do you want to surprise your friends and family with healthy & tasty alternatives?
By joining our workshop you will:
• Meet likeminded health conscious foodies
• Learn to organise a balanced & delicious plant based menu
• Get tips on recycling ingredients for the next meal
• Get inspired about easy and healthy recipes
• Taste and share delicious appetizers & drinks
• Make your own yummie dessert
Date: 12th December 2013
Time: 18:30 to 21:00
Where: The Fabriek, Raffinaderijstraat, just off E. Anseeleplein, near Vrijdagmarkt, Ghent
Price: 25€ – For early birds 20€ if booked before 5th December
Come, learn, eat, share, enjoy and have fun!
Are you IN? Give us a shout on: email@example.com
Hurry up, places are limited! Registration is confirmed after payment
Marina & Sara
www.greenlovejourney.wordpress.com & www.saragarrido.com
Looking for a magic dessert? Dont look any further, you have it! I know it seems like a weird combination, but actually it is just amazing! I will not make it any longer, here oyu have de recipe ;-)
Ingredients for a cup (1-2 pax):
1 Ripe Avocado
2 Table spoon cacao powder (or carob)
1 Table spoon sweetener (in this case, agave syrup)
A pinch of salt, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and/or vanilla to taste
Open the avocado and mix it all with the mixer!
What do you think? Isn’t it simple and fast? I can tell you it tastes amazing! Try it and let me know how do you like it!
Big hug and much ♥
Ohhhh, yeahhhhh! This is it, tomorrow Wednesday I will be hosting my next lecture in Ghent.
Do you want to know more about it? Click here, you are more than welcome! :)
Big hug, and see you there!!
This almond bread is the “star” of my recipe blog in Spanish “Candirecetas“. It is a great alternative for a gluten-free version with tons of proteins and good fats!
Wanna give it a try?
Cooking time: +/-10′ preparation + 1h in the oven
Portions: 4-6 servings
difficulty: very easy
What do you need? a beater, oven platter, mixing bowls, oven
- 400gr. Almond flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon chia
- Salt & Herbs
- 3/4 glass water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Preheat the oven up to 180ºC
- Stir the chia together with the water in a big bowl and leave it for about 10min.
- Mix the almonds together with the selected herbs and salt.
- Get the oven platter ready, maybe with some oven paper or spreading some oil so that the dough doesn’t get stuck.
- Mix the lemon and the baking soda in a glass.
- Stir de chia and pour de rest of the liquid ingredients (lemon + baking soda & oil).
- Step by step add the almond flour to the liquid ingredients. It can happen that you get a thick porridge or a consistent dough you can shape (don’t worry every time I get something different!)
- Put it in the oven for about one hour and enjoy it!
- You can prepare it salty or sweet. You can give it a plain almond flavor or add other spices such us oregano or cinnamon!
- Raisins or dates can upgrade your sweet version ;-)
Did you like it!?! I love it…
Big hug and happy cooking! ♥